Here’s a snapshot of the topics and questions I want to address as I build my wealth blueprint. I compiled this list after learning about the areas that financial planners typically cover and then paring that down to what was most relevant to my own situation. I’ll share the research I do to answer these questions through blog posts and will update my progress on tackling these topics below.
Topics and Questions
Optimizing the Present: Am I making the best financial decisions possible given my current circumstances?
Exploring the Future: How much do I need to maintain my current lifestyle in the future and what other possibilities might be available given my current trajectory?
- How much do I need to retire?
- What does time-off, working part time, retiring early, taking more trips, etc., do to my financial picture?
- What's the best way to pay for college for my kids?
Protecting What I've Built: Am I sufficiently covered against future disasters and set up to efficiently transfer assets to the next generation?
- How much should I set aside in an emergency fund?
- What types of insurance do I need and how much should I buy?
- What do I need to do to set up a will?
- Should I set up a trust and if so, what kind?